Contacting a Hartland Homes Sales Specialist
- Call one of our Sales Specialists direct.
- Call our New Home Sales number : 402-419-6589
- Please do not call this number for warranty. Call 402-477-6668.
Discuss your needs
- What style of home are you looking for?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- What area neighborhood will work best for you?
- What features are most important to you?
Discuss Financing Options
- Learn what types of financing are available on today’s market.
- What financing fits your needs?
- How much down payment is needed?
- How does my past and current credit rating fit in to the mix?
Explore our model home’s features and look at floor plans
- The Sales Specialist will point out the features of our homes to you.
- You will see several floor plans that fit your needs.
- You will look at optional features for specific homes as well as general upgrades.
What homesite will our house fit on?
- The Sales Specialist will show you plat maps of our neighborhoods with available homesites.
- What kind of homesite are you looking for? Large, small, daylight, walkout?
- Narrow your choices and go “walk the homesite” to picture your home sitting on the homesite.
Reserve your homesite
- The Sales Specialist will print the sales papers for you to sign.
- This will insure that no one else can buy your homesite.
- This will also “lock-in” the price of the homesite and home you choose, protecting you from price increases.
- Earnest Money is required by Hartland Homes at this time.
- Hartland Homes now gives you up to ninety days to decide how to make our plan, your home.
- Visit one of our preferred lenders to get pre-qualified for your financing. An application fee is collected by the lender.
Decide on options
- During the ninety day period you can decide what options, if any, you want to add to your home.
- You meet with our designer to choose your home’s colors, floor coverings and lights.
- Any special features are “price quoted” by our construction department.
Re-writing the Sales Papers
- Once you have finalized your options, it is time to re-write your paperwork that tells us how to build your new home.
- Additional earnest money may be required.
- Your Sales Specialist will turn in a “start prints” form with your signed papers letting the construction department know to start drawing your personalized blue prints.
Blue prints and final go ahead to start building
- Once the blue prints are drawn, you will meet with your Sales Specialist to insure that all the features you put on your sales contract are included in the blue prints.
- You sign the back of the blue prints if they are acceptable.
- Your Sales Specialist returns the blue prints to the construction department who then takes them to the City for a Building Permit.
- We get the building permit back from the City and construction begins!
Although the specific sequence of construction steps varies and overlaps, generally we build homes in the following order:
- Footings installation
- Form and pour walls
- Perimeter drain
- First Floor
- Second Floor
- Roof rafters or trusses
- Roof Sheathing
- Felt or paper
- Fascia (boards at ends of rafters)
- Windows and doors
- Finish materials
- Deck, if applicable
Rough-in mechanical systems
- HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning)
- Tape and Texture
- Baseboards, casings, other details
Paint and stain
- Floor coverings
- Light fixtures
- Plumbing fixtures
Builder’s punch list
Certificate of occupancy